Simmons posted a win at No. 5 singles for the Skyhawks
Liberman leads Fighting Scots double-winners
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (March 19, 2020) – Stonehill College wrapped up its spring break schedule late last week with a 6-1 defeat at the hands of the College of Wooster in non-conference men’s tennis action at the United States Tennis Association (USTA) National Training Center.
How it Happened
- Sophomore Alon Liberman led five double-winners for Wooster. He combined with junior Joaquin Abos Amo for a 6-1 win at No. 2 doubles as the Fighting Scots swept the three doubles matches. Liberman then posted a 6-3. 6-2 win at No. 1 singles against Stonehill freshman Christian Duffy.
- Abos Amo posted a 6-4, 6-2 win at No. 2 singles for Wooster against Stonehill sophomore Juan Camilo Riano Rojas.
- Senior Nathan Devereux and sophomores Austin Hanna and Nebyou Minassie rounded out the double-winners for Wooster.
- Devereux and Hanna teamed up for a 6-4 win at No. 1 doubles and then Devereux added a win at No. 3 singles, while Hanna won at No. 4 singles.
- Minassie added wins at No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles for the Fighting Scots.
- Freshman Ben Simmons earned Stonehill’s point with a 6-2, 6-3 win at No. 5 singles against Wooster freshman Nivaan Lobo.
Stonehill finishes its season with a 6-4 record overall, upon the announcement from the NCAA and Northeast-10 Conference members that spring championship seasons would be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.